Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

looking at all three bikes.they all have med to low miles on them.they are all in great shape.just wondering [email protected] on the bikes. Im 6.2 with long legs looking for leg room.the bikes are [email protected] model.I ride 1982 aspencade now that im going to keep.Ive looked through the fourms so just looking for more advise.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the state of Pennsylvania!

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

cottage grove is were the bikes are.there is a guy there that buys goldwings and resales them.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

What UBarW said ;)

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
imported post

all are great bikes, the 88-90 have a different rear wheel and final drive, but that can be overcome by installing a rear end from a triked 1500. The later Gl1500s have weaker alternators, but that can be overcome by installing a compu fire. The 93 would be a safe bet, no issues

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Get the newest one you can afford......like they said.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
imported post

Matt G wrote:
all are great bikes, the 88-90 have a different rear wheel and final drive, but that can be overcome by installing a rear end from a triked 1500. The later Gl1500s have weaker alternators, but that can be overcome by installing a compu fire. The 93 would be a safe bet, no issues
i've owned a 98 aspencade and today i own a 94 interstate. the 94 gets way better gas milage, faster..........but they are both great bikes.

mark:waving:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

The '98 will have the beefed up Valkyrie transmission parts which is a worth while improvement. The '88 has several parts that aren't interchangeable with later 1500s. the '93 was the first year with roller bearings in the rockers which made them a bit quieter. If I had the choice and the price wasn't too much different I'd go with the '98 with the '93 as my second choice if there was a serious price difference. I'll be surprised ifyou keep your '82 for long after getting a 1500.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

thanks for the info.this is the best fourm on the internet.:waving:

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

ed-m wrote:
cottage grove is were the bikes are.there is a guy there that buys goldwings and resales them.
Yeah,he's a friend of a friend. ******, here on the forum, is his buddy...

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

I just posted a really spiffy 93 in the forsale section.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
imported post

UBarW wrote:
I'd get the newest bike I could afford.

Welcome from Cottage Grove!
+1

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.