Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I pulled off my carbs due to gas smell. I was suprised when i took the bowls off and there was no gas in them. I drove her less than a week ago, so i would think there would be atleast some in the bowls. Am I wrong about this? Both bowl gaskets were hard and dirty I am thinking this is where the gas smell was coming from, leaky gasket bowls? Help needed thanks

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

Hi when you went to unsrew the bowls you had to turn the carbs upside down that would cause the gas to spill out also check on the drain plugs are not leaking it would have been better if you could have determent were the leak was comeing from before you removed the carbs the pet **** is prob the no1 factor as you are at it go ahead and clean the carbs and check the float hights as they cause the bike to run rich hence the smell of gas and last but not least make sure the float needles are in good shape as they can dump gas into the over flow

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

one side of the carbs were covered in wet dirt and the carb boots were also covered. Her mpg is about 30. I also was having to choke to start it, like the bowls were dripping out then choking filled the bowls quicker. How do you check float hights. I have the shop manual but havent looked yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.