Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I want to change my tires, the 88 onto the 95SE for now, and the 95SE on the 88.

What all would I have to change to just swap wheels for the time being without having to break and remount all 4 tires! Is it just the wheel and drive flange and the bracket for the rear caliper mount?

If I can just swap the wheels from bike to bike I'd rather do that for now.

I want those tires from the 88 on the 95 because they are near new and I like them much better. And yes they are double darkside. LOL

I'd actually like to keep the 95 wheels off for awhile to clean them up good, maybe put new tires on them later etc... then I'd put them back on the 95 again and move the 88 wheels back to the 88.

Since I can't spend over $300 on tires right now, swapping is the best option, but later I will want the newest best tires on the 95SE which I would ride the most and put the used tires now back onto the 88. So I really can't see breaking them down and going from wheel to wheel if a swap of wheels is easy.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
imported post

Chromo wrote:
Is it just the wheel and drive flange and the bracket for the rear caliper mount?
As far as I know that's all there is to it. You will find many threads already covering this, and I'm reasonably sure you only need to swap over the flange and bracket with the back wheel.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,231 Posts
imported post

I am pretty sure it is just the drive flange issue.

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
imported post

rpeters549 wrote:
I am pretty sure it is just the drive flange issue.
Chromo is correct with his statement, provided the 93 is the same as a 95:

Chromo wrote:
.....Is it just the wheel and drive flange and the bracket for the rear caliper mount?.....
I put a rear wheel/rotor from a 93 on my 88; only need to do the things you mentioned if you keep the rotor/wheel years intact. Also, I noticed that the rear brake does a little more now with the larger rotor, but it could be the new pads too.

Bill

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Frt will direct swap.
rear, change rotors out, use the 88 driive flange on 88 wheel.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks, gonna change the oil in wife's car and the 95 this afternoon and try to get the wheels swapped today also I think.

I hope I still have moly 60 on hand

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

It's way past time that 95 got new sneakers!

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

May still be a while too. I got tied up with other stuff for awhile today and got nothing done yet. Maybe still give it a go yet tonight.

I have put about 8K on those tires now, still got some tread and no cracking yet. Front is starting to cup some now.

I don't think the tires were so bad. But I do need to get them changed now in case I want to take a long trip instead of just these 1500 mile weekend rides I been doing LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.