Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The cassette tape player sounds great.:) The am and fm radio seems to only grab the nearest station, and sounds like mono (not stereo),and will on rare occasion sound fair, and then cut out with no reception on am or fm :?I don't beleive it to be an antennae continuity issue . Does anyone know if honda had an issue early with this radio and if there is a place I might be able to send it after removing it from my wing. I heard that there is a reputable place to send it that has dealt with this problem but can't seem to locate it.please help!:(Added note: I have checked both the connections of the antennae, the bracket assembly,and the breakdown portion of the upper antennae, and the continuityis good.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

There are 2 places you have to look to see if your antenna is losing connection. Under the seat is a motorola connector and at the back of the radio.

These can get unplugged as there is no locking mechanism on a motorola connector. It is just a compression fit.

Check those. You can also stick a wire hangar in the rear connector to see if the FM springs to life. If it does it may be a broken wire going to the antenna further back.

One other thing is you could have the cable getting squished someplace so check that too.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
imported post

I am having almost the same problem.

Last year the reception was pretty crummy at best. This year I have NO reception but the cassette still works good.

I also checked the antenna continuity from the back of the radio to the tip and it seems to be good.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
imported post

you can call sierra electronics 1-800-338-6938.they are a great place.sent mine and had it back in 10 days.you can tell them what your radio is doing they can tell you what to check.mine had a cracked board they fixed it said they pluged in works great.will be putting mine in a couple of days.it cost $100.00 not bad that was with shipping back to me

want to give you a big wave from il:waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
imported post

Ironicly enough, they are just right down the road from me... I will call them tomorrow.

Thanks!

·
Senior Memory
613 Posts
imported post

Is there a modern upgrade to replace these radios by chance? Has anyone modified theirs so you can plug in an MP3 player like a Zune or Ipod? The cassette player is almost useless as my limited tape collection is showing its age.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Funny,,,, I just replyed to a similar problem in a different post.

I had a Susuki Cavalcade that had lost reception. After much frustation, found the connection from the coax to the base of the antenna was bad.

·
Lock and Key Guru
1,030 Posts
imported post

ThFireman wrote:
Is there a modern upgrade to replace these radios by chance? Has anyone modified theirs so you can plug in an MP3 player like a Zune or Ipod? The cassette player is almost useless as my limited tape collection is showing its age.
http://www.sheriart.net/honda/this should help you out ;)

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
imported post

when my radio went south i got a mp3.bought adaptor for cassette $12.00 from wally world.then i used velcro on my left speaker works good.now i got radio back from sierra electronics will be putting it back in..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.