Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm in the process of rebuilding the carbs on my brother-in-laws 89 1500. It developed a real bad hesitation pretty much at any rpm. He is not the original owner so we don't know alot about what was done to it. The sub-air filter was crumbling real bad so some of it probably got sucked in for sure. I have read about replacing the jets on these. Should I leave the main alone and replace the slow jets, or since we are unsure if they have ever been missed with, replace all of them? How often should the upper and lower radiator hoses be replaced?

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
imported post

Hi Stretch56, I have only limited carb knowledge, but maybe you may only have to clean the jets and remove any residue from the old filter perhaps?........I think there is a carb overhaul procedure in the "how to" section, and with the wealth of knowledge here, someone will be able to follow up with you I am sure. In regards to the radiator hoses, I would presume only if showing signs of damage or deterioration?....
Someone with real knowledge will be along soon....
Cheers,

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Be sure and double check the vacuum lines, especially under the flap on the left side, there is a right angle bent hose that developes a hole.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.