Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I did search before posting and didn't find a clean post so... I thought I'd post.

As the temps have plumetted I've gotten used to sliding thru my turns... but... I kind of slid off the road the other day... 30yrs of dirtbiking saved the day althought I'm not sure Wing appreciated being airborn (front lawn had one of those 2' walls that dropped to the driveway)... nor my front seals; but thats a January project.

This morning I need replace my bald tires... found some used-almost-new E2's for $75each; so I have remove my front and rear wheels. I have the wing in the air (supported this time).

I loosened the two lower compression bolts and undid the large axle bolt and had expected... Ah... "light dawns on marble head"... Now I undo the other side and tap out the the axle bolt?

Now... what about the rear?

thanks.

Apologies if this was in a archives somewhere.

Greg.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
imported post

remove left side pannier and lower the silencer down or remove it then its similar to the front you will need the rear panel off to roll the wheel out the back easy enough to do check out the rear pads whilst you are in there and the wheel bearings grease the splines

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
imported post

A huge amount of Kudos to you Ron!!!!

That is probably one of the most unselfish acts i've ever heard of!

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
imported post

Well i had owned it for going on 16 years i restored it and to be honest i didnt use it much over the last few and it took up a lot of room so i decided to give it to my friends in fort lauderdale they do use it.i have been over to see them since did the starter brushes in it last time i was there sent the car over with many spares surprisingly none of which went missing onroute might go over again this year so how it looks

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Before I do something really stupid... Do I remove the lower left shock bolt & Brake Assembly so I can slide the rim out of the right side differential?

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
imported post

think all you need to do is remove the shocker bolt and lower the swing arm down though i did mine without removing the shocker bolt it does give you some more room to play with

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Follow these instructions from Wolfman, one of our members....

Rear Tire Removal

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.