Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
89 GL1500
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 1500, tape player plays the music on the quick side, not super fast but a 3:30 song will play in about 3 minutes. It also comes thru the speakers a bit rough. I read somewhere that you can adjust the play speed, but looking into the open guts I need something to show me where this adjustment screw might be. The manual just has basic install of radio and speakers. Anyone know where I can find something more specific to help out with that?

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Sounds like you have some tape from a previous cassette wound around the capstan, the little shaft that pulls the tape through the player. It has slightly changed the speed at which the next cassette is pulled through the machine.
Loosen the screws holding the cassette door on the player on the bike. Removing this door may offer some added vision, so you can see the capstan. If you see tape on the capstan, you may have to open the case to be able to remove the tape. Be sure to use a little alcohol on a Q-tip, to clean the capstan, to be sure there isn't something sticky on the capstan or it will just happen again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts