Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello,

I'm a rider of 20+ years, but bought my first 'wing 2 weeks ago. Pushing buttons and flicking switches has resulted in a question I'm having a hard time finding an answer for. How is the intercom 'supposed' to work?

I assumed that I could listen to the radio until the passenger speaks, then the radio mutes and passenger voice comes in. However, all I hear in the helmet speakers are my own voice and the passenger voice. Radio plays fine on the bike speakers, but no volume on the headset.

What am I doing wrong? Is there an intercom system tutorial available anywhere?

Thanks!

Greeper

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
imported post

Make sure you've pressed the "Headphones" symbol on the radio- the LCD display will confirm this. Radio etc will not be through the main speakers now- just the intercom headphones. Also make sure the mute button (on left handlebar switchgear) isn't pressed in or the radio will sound very quiet. Steven

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Boy is my face red...:blushing:! You mean that button...right on the radio...with the speaker symbol and the headphone symbol...and a slash betweent them?? Whoda thunk?

Went out and tested itwith my 7 year old son (he just loves the bike). We also did a radio check for the CB operation and got a response. Alltests were sucessful. That means everything works on this 19 year old bike! Woo Hoo!

Dang! Now I need to take a trip so I can road test it! It's hard to see it under the cover in the driveway because it's too cold to ride.

:bowing:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Well, you can always join a bunch of us down in Llano, Texas the weekend of the 4th.

http://goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum2/61189.html

We've got folks coming from all over the midwest and myself and my brother are riding our bikes all the way from south Carolina for this M&G.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.