Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Couple of days ago I was sitting in traffic for a couple of hours trying to get a look at the shuttel Endeavour and the bike was running a little hot. Never overheated.

I couldnt ever hear the fans running at all. If I placed my hand down near the outlet I could feel hot air from the fans and my buddy could see they were on, but never cycled off. My buddy has a 1800 and I could hear his fans cycle on and off. Could I have a voltage loss, or worn out fan motors? The shadow I use to own I could hear the fans cycle on and off. Once I'm moving the temp returns to normal. Seams like I dont have enough air flow over the radiators at idle.

I replaced the overflow bottle tube, and hose to the filler kneck, new cap, and verify the fluid level is full in both the radiator and overflow bottle. no coolant leaks.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
imported post

If it stays below 3/4 mark you are normal in traffic and heat. I can't hear my fans either on my 99.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

As Stu says, as long as the gauge stays below the 3/4 mark you will be fine. I am surprised that they don't cycle though.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Temp never went over 3/4, and from what I can tell, once I replaced the tube in the overflow bottle I havent had any more coolant loss. My old shadow didnt have a temp gauge, just an overheat light - sometimes its nice to not have so much info at you.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

Well you should be able to har and feel the fans come on, if you're parked and put your hand next to the side vents.

If it turns out that they don't work, then you should check that the coolent sensor (bottom of left radiator) works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.