Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Couple of days ago I was sitting in traffic for a couple of hours trying to get a look at the shuttel Endeavour and the bike was running a little hot. Never overheated.

I couldnt ever hear the fans running at all. If I placed my hand down near the outlet I could feel hot air from the fans and my buddy could see they were on, but never cycled off. My buddy has a 1800 and I could hear his fans cycle on and off. Could I have a voltage loss, or worn out fan motors? The shadow I use to own I could hear the fans cycle on and off. Once I'm moving the temp returns to normal. Seams like I dont have enough air flow over the radiators at idle.

I replaced the overflow bottle tube, and hose to the filler kneck, new cap, and verify the fluid level is full in both the radiator and overflow bottle. no coolant leaks.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Temp never went over 3/4, and from what I can tell, once I replaced the tube in the overflow bottle I havent had any more coolant loss. My old shadow didnt have a temp gauge, just an overheat light - sometimes its nice to not have so much info at you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.