Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Is there anything that can be done with the area covered by the black rubber strip beside the side reflectors on the fairing, other than getting one of those chrome strips (which I think would just make the "missing something" more obvious than the black.

At least on my dark blue/green the black isnt noticieable, but it seems to be crying out for installation of a light fitting.

Thanks

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

Well... the reflectors themselves convert to marker lamps quite easily.

but I've not yet seen a good solution for that "extra blank space" that does indeed cry-out for something -- There's a lont of mechanical mounting done under those strips (Lower faring to main fairing and all that)...

Perhaps, when time permits, I could cast-up a replacement for the reflector that would include the forward bit and that aft tiny bit to to replace that whole lot with an amber LED strip-light? That'd be interesting enough (I'd not thought about that before)... Here in the US we're supposed to keep the reflective stuff (with or without a light is OK, but it does need to perform a reflector function)... It'll be tough to do without showing some fasteners.

Very interesting though

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks Satan. I havent actually looked under the strips yet, but will have to do so to install the lighting into the reflectors.
I saw a suggestion to attach a "Goldwing" logo to the silver strip, but my initial search couldnt find one the right size. I might move my attention elsewhere for a while

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.