Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cleaning carbs and going to #60 slow jet , does the pilot air jet get leaner as you screw it out ? Does the jet change require a different setting from the original with the #50 jet ?

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
... does the pilot air jet get leaner as you screw it out ? Does the jet change require a different setting from the original with the #50 jet ?
Pilot Air Jet? :? Perhaps "Pilot Screws" - these are a fuel flow control that is in the circuit after the Slow-Jet. As a fuel control, counterclockwise will increase fuel flow richening the overall mix. Almost everyone w2ill advocate properly adjusting your idle mixture on a warmed bike anytime the carbs are serviced. Since you're changing the size of your slow jet, and your carbs have been gone through... Yes, the idle mix should be set to the new operating configuration of your carbs.

FWIW, the OEM "Idle Drop" procedure is kinda the normal way to set/reset idle mixture...

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks satan, Yes pilot screws are what my question is about. Trying to come up with initial bench setting . They were 2 turns out before I changed pilot jet and I was thinking I would set them 3 turns out ? per some of the threads on this forum about pilot jet change. I will do an idle drop adjustment if I can find a tach that reads accurate enough to do that adjustment.

·
It aint rocket science
3,966 Posts
Initial adjustment for an 89 is 1 1/2 turns out, installing larger jets would require turning pilot screw in. I would put it at 1 turn out from lightly seated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.