Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

We have a 89 wing that was put up 2 years ago running fine. It was taking out and won't start. It will turn over but after going through the book it sounds like a bad coil. I think it has 3 coil's is that correct and I get no spark on any of the plugs. Is this a problem anyone else has run into?

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi rich and welcome to the forum i have to ask this is the kill switch in the on position and if so cheque the fuses give them all a good push just incase there is a bad conection also your battery has to be in top condition because the 1500 draw a lot of power to turn the engine and you might only get a spark when you release the start button and last thing cheque the bank angel sensor that year was knowen to be faulty

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

:waving:Hello and Welcome .

Did you verify no spark ? I would lean to no fuel . Carbs will gum up quickly now days unless drained or additives ( StaBil ) were used . Even thats not a permenant solution . I would pull a plug and check the spark . Be sure to ground the base of the plug to watch for spark.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Kill swich is ok had all 6 plugs out no spark at all will check the fuses. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.