Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a 89 GL1500 with a strange turn signal issue. All was doing fine as usual and then the turn signals both quit working and I noticed that the hazards are not working either. I checked the relays under the trunk and the one for the turn signals was a bit loose. I pushed the connector in and heard a click and then they started to work ... Thought all was done. The hazards still are not working so I swapped the 2 relays and the same problem is there. The hazards do not work but the turn signals do. Ok so I know that the relay is not the problem. A week later the left turn signal quit working but the right side works fine. I went back to the relays and that is not the problem. I do not know where the flasher is how ever. Any ideas?

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Did you check the fuse board behind the fuses for loose connections? Fuse number 2 is for the turn signals, and number 10 for hazards. That's from the 1996 manual, I assume it is the same for the earlier models.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Yes checked that too I was looking at the manual and the wiring diagram for my bike and the only thing that makes sense is the switch. But the cornering lights work on both sides. so I am thinking that the switch should be good.I am going to check that here in just a few

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

It might be dirty switches. Have you cleaned them with electrical cleaner??

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Not yet but will be doing that this evening

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.