Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I may have a chanceto buyan '89 wing with aroun 38k miles on it for around 4500.00usd.

Its mostly stock except for armrests and backrest. I think the price is decent but are there enough changes to the later ones to hold out for a '97 or later. I am quite tall so I think the earlier seat is taller and a good thing. Any reason at all to be discouraged from an '89?

PS- the bike has been well maintained.

Thanks in advance, Darren

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
imported post

I say go for it. I bought my 1989 two years ago with 14000 miles on it. I now have 37000 miles on it with no troubles at all.;);)

We love it so much that we triked it this winter.:action::action:

But you have to know that for your self.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
imported post

Mine has 90,000 miles and is running strong. Keep up the regular maintenance, change the timing belts when your supposed too and enjoy.

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
imported post

Go for it.

A few years ago, the newer GL1500 were much more in cost.More than want I like for basically the same bike, IMO. I do not know the differences is cost any more.

Also, there are a few items that can be replaced like the front chrome fairing and chrome wheel covers that gives the bike a newer appearance.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
imported post

Go for it! Same price I paid for mine too with 95K miles. I definately love mine. I'm 6'-2" and put a Hartco seat on it. Much better than stock. Highway boards help too.:action:

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
imported post

BIG D wrote:
I may have a chanceto buyan '89 wing with aroun 38k miles on it for around 4500.00usd.

Its mostly stock except for armrests and backrest. I think the price is decent but are there enough changes to the later ones to hold out for a '97 or later. I am quite tall so I think the earlier seat is taller and a good thing. Any reason at all to be discouraged from an '89?

PS- the bike has been well maintained.

Thanks in advance, Darren
I'd say go for it...............and when are you going to ride with us again?? Huh??:action:

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

I bought my first wing, an '89, last August, and have NO regrets. Didn't have any maintenance records or history on it, so have done quite a bit myself this winter, getting to know it much better. I paid $5,000 last summer, with about 54,000 miles.
These babies run forever, and you may be happy you got in with a lower initial cost.

Good luck!!

·
Premium Member
61,364 Posts
imported post

About the only change was around 96 they went to a heavier shift fork and white faced gauges.. Of course color.. I think that's about all.. Sounds like a deal.....

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Thanks for all the replies, just wanted to know what to watch for. I am hoping to get this one but money is tight right now so we will see what happens. If I am not able to get it I will post it on the forum in the for sale section since I work with him, unless he trades it in for the new concours he wants ( Im not gonna tell him he wont be happy without the wing:D)

Bill, I would like to ride with you all again but I need to get new skins for the 1100 and a couple of maintenance issues that I just have not been able to get to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.