Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
89 Honda GoldWing GL1500 - $4500 (West Knox, TN)

Bought new in 1990 in Hawaii.
38000 miles on it.
Run great w/ new batt.
Many addition parts.
6 disc CD player
GL1500/6 w/ Rev.
Need TLC on wax job.
Small rip on top of pass. back rest.
Sheep skin seat cover, Seat is OK. Markland heel/toe running board.
Cup holder
Air Rear shocks
Will include rear light bar & a tow hitch if wanted.
Skip 865-966-7929 Call for test drive.
Must have MC lic & know how to ride.

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Have clean, batt. tender & wrapped it up for the Winter, but it's still for sale.
Have bout some feed back. What's wrong with the ad????

·
Premium Member
12,868 Posts
Skip , I dont see any problem with you add . Riding season is slacking of for many as you know . Thats low milage for sure and some nice additions with the CD , light bar and hitch . It possible some think the price is high for the age . But , the extras should add value .

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
I just purchased an 89 with 108,000 miles on it. Very well maintained and a ton of upgrades and extras for $4300. With that said, I think you have a great looking Wing, low mileage at a good price........ Nothing wrong with it at all.

I think its a lot of variables from the overall economy to the time of year. No many people want to buy a bike and let it sit till spring, and not a lot of people want to spend that much just before Christmas.

Personally, if you don't get an offer on it for what you want, I would put a cover on it and put it away till spring, then try it again.

Good luck whatever you decide, but I wouldn't lower the price unless you absolutely must get rid of it soon......

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
I agree with the above statements. Wait till spring and you shoud get what you are asking.

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the insight.
It's wrapped up & put away till Spring now.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Skip I agree with the others on the time of year.If you still have it when my finances improve I'll be in touch.I'm just about an hour away.

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She 's been clay bared & polished, Looking like her wedding day.
New chrome added to replace bad stuff.
New Batt.
About 20 addition miles on it now.

NEW PRICE $5500.00
Skip
865-966-7929

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Might be best to just start a new listing for her again instead of bringing up the old one, especially since the price went up $1000 now!

Looks like a great bike, but I could get an 88 really nice and well cared for for about $3500 if I wanted it and had the money. Well OK, I do want it, just don't have the money LOL

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Good Looking bike! Does it have reverse?

hoganJr
Pretty sure the 88's and 89's had reverse standard. Interstate model (no reverse) wasn't introduced until 90 or 91.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
She 's been clay bared & polished, Looking like her wedding day.
Been thinking about doing the clay bar thing, about how long did that take? Did you have to do it more that once? I've heard good things about the results, just not a lot about what's involved.

Tom

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Clay bar was like wet sanding, took a few hours to do the whole bike.
It had like over spray or something on it to make it like sand paper.
But it was worth it, smooth as glass & no damage to paint.
The Blue/Green seems to be rare.

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Skip, is it 4500 or 5500? Saw both prices throughout the thread. This is getting real hard to keep passing by.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Skip, is it 4500 or 5500? Saw both prices throughout the thread. This is getting real hard to keep passing by.

Jeff
Sorry as said I should redo the ad as I can't change the title.
As I clayed out & polished the bike & replaced alot of the chrome with new, price is $5500.00, offer.
Also have a tow hitch for it, not mounted, & new cover.

I almost Trike it! Have the body mold & another Jag rear end which will be selling also.

Not always on the site as before as I'm building a VW Trike & 2 Bradley GTII Kit Cars..
Call call me at 865*966**7929

·
Registered
1 Posts
Send more photos. Been looking for ever for a GL1500, that was in my price range. Was a Sgt. in the Marines also. Now I am a Correctional Officer in Iowa.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.