Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

Ya, cool video RCameron :claps::claps:

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
imported post

Anyone from Central Texas area going? My wife and I are trying to plan for this and would like to ride with others on the way up.
Thanks
James

·
Administrator
26,190 Posts
imported post

Heads up, if you made your reservation some time back you might want to check it, the manager was fired and a new lady is there and she said the previous manager had some of the info on her personal laptop and did not give it up when she left.

·
Senior Moments!
1,513 Posts
imported post

Just called and confirmed both reservations for this and NASSIR5. Still had both of them. Yay!

:readit::claps::claps:

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
imported post

Just made reservations for Nancy and I to attend. I really like Eureka Springs, got a brother in law who lives in Rogers and we go to the springs whenever we visit. Look forward to meeting some folks from the forum as well. Do we need to bring anything?

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
imported post

jaxn wrote:
Just made reservations for Nancy and I to attend. I really like Eureka Springs, got a brother in law who lives in Rogers and we go to the springs whenever we visit. Look forward to meeting some folks from the forum as well. Do we need to bring anything?
We look forward to meeting you jaxn!!! :claps::claps::claps::claps:

The only thing you will need to bring is yourselves to have a good time.

Last year's event was over 100 members and was our biggest in the 7 years of doing this event but I am not expecting that this year with NASSIR 5 being held in ES in July. Folks couldn't really afford to do both and I encouraged them to do NASSIR instead. This way they can meet wingnut, wexy and many more members who they wouldn't normally be able to meet at the Midwest MNG. So long story short, it will be less of a crowd for Labor Day for this year but trust me, we always have a blast no matter how many show up! ;)

More information will be showing up here after I get done with NASSIR (tongue hanging out....)

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
imported post

Now I see it, for some reason it wasn't showing up. Ya we would like to go to Nassir but my work schedule doesn't agree.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
imported post

I havn't made reservations yet, but I'm ready. Things are a little tight around here since, well, my newly ex-wife gets all my money. Still have to do the poorboy conversion on my bike but should be ordering it this week or so

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
imported post

Got bored yesterday and decided to go on a road trip, which zigzag'd us across missouri till we decided to come to Eureka. We've stopped in at the motel 62, the people are really nice here, clean rooms, big parking lot, clean pool. The lady was smart, she saw my shirt from last year and even gave me a discount. That made the evening better cause when I got here and put my KS down the pivot bolt broke and the spring and stand went flying, so center stand it is. I don't see a grassy area like the other place but I have not walked around either.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
imported post

OK, Di and I are reserved and set to go! The gentleman that took my reservation did not engender much confidence...

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
imported post

A rate for the event has been negotiated at $69.00 per night. Contact the Motel 62 & mention the "8th Annual MidWest Meet & Greet" to get the rate. With a short time between "ES " NASSIR please let me know by PM if you're planning on attending.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

$69 ?

Yikes, did they not like us much or figure we are hooked now LOL

$49 was not too bad and it's a nice hotel, but for $69 I'll probably have to camp up the road if I can make it.

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
imported post

Well with the smaller numbers expected & the fair being in Berryville at the same time I figured the rate was pretty good. Normal rate is $89-$99. The owner/mgr Carl said that mentioning the event will get up preference for reservations so don't dawdle! The event is only 47 days away!

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
imported post

I made my reservations for two rooms yesterday!

See everybody down there again......very soon! :waving:

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

lopeha wrote:
Well with the smaller numbers expected & the fair being in Berryville at the same time I figured the rate was pretty good. Normal rate is $89-$99. The owner/mgr Carl said that mentioning the event will get up preference for reservations so don't dawdle! The event is only 47 days away!
Ya, I was kinda joking there.

NASSIR was the middle of the week mostly and after the holiday.

MW is right on the weekend and it's a Holiday weekend also.

WOW, only 47 days to go!
I hope I can make it, I better get busy doing something!

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Eureka Springs is a great place, to stay, to ride, to sight see, to swim, to shop, to eat, to do just about everything you would want to do. I wasn't impressed at first based on my road selections to get there, but once off those roads, it was a great place to ride.

Motel62....... I couldn't say enough about Carl and his staff, they were all attentive and wonderful! If you leave Motel62 with a hospitality want..... you didn't ask.

Going back so soon is real tempting.......

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
imported post

Come on over John! Pretty good chance Dave will be in attendance. Plus a guaranteed outstanding time!

21 - 40 of 343 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.