Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Got a sick Wing. Engine runs great, put it in gear, begin releasing the clutch and all it does is clunk clunk clunk... hammers inside the tranny. I think. I took the right side cover off and did the same while on centerstand and will turn back wheel but not if you throttle up. I have some thoughts..some gear is not meshing completely. I checked the reverse controls and seem to be in spec. Im hoping its not too costly..but I have a sick feeling. Any clues or ideas? thank you in advance for you alls help. lonnie

:wtf:

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

Bikerlon wrote:
...Engine runs great, put it in gear, begin releasing the clutch and all it does is clunk clunk clunk... hammers inside the tranny. I think. I took the right side cover off and did the same while on centerstand and will turn back wheel but not if you throttle up. I have some thoughts..some gear is not meshing completely. I checked the reverse controls and seem to be in spec. Im hoping its not too costly..but I have a sick feeling. Any clues or ideas?...
Disconnect the drive shaft, and repeat your test... I suspect that the drive shaft is stripped, a common problem.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

ok... which end would you suggest to remove? and..how do i repeat the test without the drive shaft. thank you for your quick response.. thank you!...lonnie

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

oh yuk... looking at the repair manual....not something I can do...unless you got a easier way.... thanks again!

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

Bikerlon wrote:
oh yuk... looking at the repair manual....not something I can do...unless you got a easier way.... thanks again!
Remove the rear wheel and check the splines there.
If they're good remove the final drive and drive shaft to check those splines. You can do it, it's not rocket science.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
imported post

Pull the rear wheel, rear drive, driveshaft, then u-joint at the rear case, then do the engine test.

Inspect all the splines. Watch for missing splines and worn thin splines.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
imported post

Be sure to post what you find to help others later that read this as to get answers by your posting a reply on this post.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.