Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having replaced the a.shock seal and desiccant, the ac won't build air shock pressure beyond 19 lbs and can't get the ign to lock and read I might need a new key cut from the code ?

Thanks

·
Administrator
26,145 Posts
Having replaced the a.shock seal and desiccant, the ac won't build air shock pressure beyond 19 lbs and can't get the ign to lock and read I might need a new key cut from the code ?

Thanks
If I read you right the ignition won't turn to the lock position? Have you got the bars turned to full left or right? The key won't have anything to do with that.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have to push the key in to lock it in either direction Dave.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
The locking mechanism could also be needing some lubrication. Mine was difficult to deploy once and it just needed a little TLC.

·
Administrator
26,145 Posts
But the key is just turning the lock cylinder and if it turns it in the other positions it is working. You push down to engage the bolt.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
But the key is just turning the lock cylinder and if it turns it in the other positions it is working. You push down to engage the bolt.
Very true but if there is something preventing the plunger form going all the way down, it will feel like it is trying to lock but the key will not turn all the way and not lock. It could make a person think it was the cylinder and not the locking mechanism that is causing the issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts