Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am a proff firefighter of 25 years. I know absolutely diddly about bikes. Pretty hand with hands

Question 1 How to install pass armrests...I do have both antennas.

I am assuming from inside trunk lid but not sure

Question 2 My OD light does not come on. what are quick checks?

Question 3 has anyone succesfully added rear speakers to the system? Are their better speaker than the oem?

Question 4 whats the best battery for this model? I am in Md we have four seasons

coldest is usualy about 36-40 F

Question 5 I cant find a highway board that protrudes far enough away from fairing to avoid banging my inside ankle are into fairing where the fairing turns out. I am 6ft 3

Thank you very much one and all

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

Welcome fellow smoke eater!!!! Your gonna love this place!! jimsjinx firefighter/paramedic ret.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks all..So I am reading the other poster who says If you have a 91 1500 I and/or kenwood system the rear speaker kit wont work because there is no hookups on the radio, did I understand that right? Also, the arm rests require me to remove the seat and speaker pods or the rear speaker kit required that? Sorry for any wasted time here honest. I know by looking at the passenger armrest drawing I need to get to the screws that mount the dummy cb antenna base and the radio antenna mount. I was told on another site it was in trunk lid on side.

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

the screws to remove the pockets under the speakers are in the trunk 3 in each the antenanns bolts are in behind the pockets you have to remove seat to get at the cable junctionsfor the antenanns plus the bolts, if no wireing for speakers you can run them straight from the radioout putcables in the connectors under the neck of the radio the seat has to be off for this also for a lot of stuff on the 1500 you have to remove the seat when you do you will know why

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

The Kenwood system only has a two channel amplifier and will not support another set of speakers. It has its own fuse under the tank cover, in the blank panel where the cassette would be on the SE and such. So if your radio quits working, that's probably the issue. I am thinking of adding a small 4 channel amp or a cheapy powered EQ to add my rear speakers. They are a 4" speaker, but be careful what you buy, make sure they are VERY thin, because big magnets arent happy in there, they just wont fit.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
imported post

Not sure if anyone has offered but the ****-O-Pegs are the best for tall riders and most comfortable in my opinon..:action:

Just Google ****-o-pegs and you'll find them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

This is embarrasing, just ordered some parts and found out I have a 93 interstate. Its smoke to the brain I swear.

So to be clear

I can or cant put rear speakers in the back based on the dealer radio.

I still have to take off seat to remove radio and dummy cb mounts to install armrests.

Anyone no why my windshield is separating inbetween layers like its shattered. I run my nail over cracks and cant feel anything. Whats the best windshield for this model?

I just bought the circle of lights that go behind front rotor cover, where do they plug in at. Thanks all

The highway board issue is about moving the board away from engine not forward orr backward. I had to send my boards back because the engine guard was digging into my ankle. anyone elso had this problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.