Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a '91 GW 1500 SE that has foot boards and a heel shifter, does anyone know if these can be swapped out for foot pegs and a toe shifter?

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,651 Posts
yes,
the OEM parts can be put back on.
IMPO, Heel Toe Shifters are an abomination that should never have been invented.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are awkward to use, good to know they can be switched out. Now I need to source out the parts. Tks

·
Administrator
26,149 Posts
yes,
the OEM parts can be put back on.
IMPO, Heel Toe Shifters are an abomination that should never have been invented.
They worked good on Honda cubs, CT90s etc. that had automatic clutches and came with a heel/toe shifter.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,651 Posts
They are awkward to use, good to know they can be switched out. Now I need to source out the parts. Tks
Okay,
use this Search Link to find the parts you need.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Remember, Honda calls them steps

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
You might put an ad in the wanted section or for sale section and try to swap them for the OEM parts. some Hondas come with heel/toe shifters. I had it on my VTX and I really liked it, but lots of people that put them on Gold Wings had tranny trouble, And if you have one on your bike and it is still in warranty the tranny will be voided from the wranty,.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Worse item to add to 1500,shifter shaft too long for them to work good and hard on shifter seals,If you change out ,there is a product that mounts on the shifter shaft and stabilize the shaft,shifting is solid,
ebay has them,(1500 goldwing shifter support)

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I have one and it’s a big difference

1 - 10 of 10 Posts