Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:waving:I am a newbie here so please bear with me. I saw a video on youtube showing how to change the rear tire on my 91 Goldwing Aspencade by semi disconnecting the rear bags and lifting them up and out of the way to get to the rear wheel. I followed the instructions but did not realize the two upper bolts were not supposed to be completely removed...but just loosened up so the bags could swivel. When I removed the two bolts the bags dropped down onto tthe mufflers about seven inches or so.

I used my hydraulic engine lift to get them back up and replaced the bolts. After changing the rear tire and putting everything back together, I tried to crank it but nothing happened. I had no ignition, tailights, or signal lights. The radio and horn still worked but nothing else. I had no problems whatsoever before.

I started to trace the wiring harness to see if anything got unplugged when the rear bags fell. Lo and behold a black box on the left hand side was open and the wiring was unplugged. I plugged this back up and now my taillights, signal lights and starter will now work.

The problem I have now is when I turn on the ignition some of my dash lights will only stay on for a few seconds and then go out. When they are on the the starter will work, but as soon as they go out the starter does not work. I can not find any more unplugged wires. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Should have taken it to the dealer!!!!

Please Help! :praying:

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Did you check if the bank angle sensor became unplugged? It's a little black box on the right side just inboard of the saddlebag.

·
Administrator
27,908 Posts
Check the connectors that are inside plastic covers on both sides of the frame.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.