Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone know if there is a aftermarket radio I could install and still use the handlebar controls? I know there are some radios out there that have remote panels and was wondering if anyone had any experience with installing one of these to the existing handlbar controls.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
imported post

I don't think there is especially if you want it to intergrate with the existing handlebar controls. Just out of curiosity whats wrong with your existing radio ?

E

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
imported post

My Interstate at one time had it's radio removed and a filler plate was installed that matches the dash. I have no idea why other than maybe it went bad and replacing costs were too high for the previous owners.

I removed the handlebar controls and installed a CD/radio player in the trunk and added a satellite radio mount, just above the fuel door. I also added a "remote" sensor so I can control the volume.

I used velcro to afix these items. This was a cheaper alternative for me!

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
imported post

With the little remote that came with the radio/cd player.
I don't listen to "regular" radio since I have a Sirius unit I can transfer from my truck to the Goldwing.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

the amp isn't very clean and there is no aux input(s). I know I can send to Sierra to have them added however want to see what my options were before dumping money into the outdated unit. I think I'm going to go with the Sirius Sportser 5, Baer Verso XL, my MP3 player (Creative Zen) has a built in AM/FM tuner so this setup will give me everything I need. I don't need an amp as I never use the external speakers. I'll send some pics once I get this set up. Also antother option I looked at was the Jensen MSR2007 Marine Stereo. This is a really nice set up as well. The head unit is only 1.5" thick and the remote amp/Sirius receiver can mount in the trunk or saddlebag. This would be a great option for somone that wanted to use their external speakers however lacks the mobility. I like the sportster because I can take it from my bike, to the boat, home and office.:cooldj:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.