Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
This is confusing. Everything was perfect, but when you put the new battery in, all this stuff started to happen?
What made you assume the battery was bad, because it went dead? Does this bike run?
Why go to relays when it all started at the battery?

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
Satan and a few others had excellent plans of attack when troubleshooting. Satan seemed to be on the money with the dogbone issue. I think all of our bikes have have this overall crash issues and instead of concentrating on the big picture, it's easy to get side tracked into pulling fuses and relays. I try to save issues like yours so when I do have problems (and they will come up for sure). I have firm starting points when searching for an answer.

I didn't mean to say you changed the battery without checking it, you just sort of glanced over that in you initial post.

Just think though, it WILL do it again and be something completely different next time...start taking notes...electrical stuff sucks and on a Wing you have to attack it methodically.

Glad you seem to have solved the problem though. Something to remember is not to start something else until you are SURE you solved the first problem.

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
Once again, as hard as electrical issues are to diagnose....ALL of the info should be put in the first post because everything is critical. As much as you may have had relay issues in the past, they were not evident when this situation actually occured. You want to say your bike was running fine, battery went dry and you replaced it and now you have all of these electrical issues with lights not coming on and very little else for us to go on......Oh yeah, they came on once and everything was fine and then blacked out again.
Clarity in everything that happened up to the point of your original post (did you notice how you got off track with the tail lights not working and a particular relay to look at?) Those tail lights WERE NOT your issue, you may truly have a bad relay but read back to your original post and see that that wasn't the issue. A relay is a relay and causes alot of screwy issues.
All the relays don't have history
Back to question 1; does the bike start up and run when all this stuff is happening? Once again the question is confusing as to what the bike is doing....
Satan and redwing have come up with viable 'running' conditions where everything is good, now move on to step two.
BTW How could you have checked the CB but not bothered to turn the radio on to see if that was working?
I'm signing out of this post and not documenting anything because........it just has no value for future diagnosis stuff I save.
Don't mean to Dis you, I hope others keep posting and somehow help you solve this mystery

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.