Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Went for a ride last week and noticed that the clutch lever seem to pull closer to the handlebar than usual before releasing ,looked at fluid level and it was not low(and dirty) so I thought I would put in new fluid.
Used my Mighty vac to change the fluid and now I can't get it to pump any pressure(I put in a new kit in the master cylinder)I can hold my finger over the line out of the master cyl and there seems to be pressure there.
When I hook my vac to the bleeder there seems to be a lot of bubbles but I have emptied the vac canister 2 times,looks to me that would be enough to eliminate any air,my ST1100 has the same system and the clutch starts to release as soon as you start pulling it in.DO the slave cylinder's ever quit?The bike has 72k on it.Thanks

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

the answer is yes you have to be drawing in air somewere cheque all the pipe work and fittings are thight

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I don't have any sign of leaking fluid,so I guess I will have a look at slave cylinder.Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
imported post

Keep in mind that it could be a failure with the clutch itself. Of course eliminate all else first. Good Luck

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
imported post

to see if there is pressure beyond the master cyl just use a pipe clamp and clamp the pipe the leaver should be solid

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks for all the reply's but this AM I found some hints on this site that led me to bleeding the MAster Cyl and tap on it ,when I did this (bubbles came out)it did bleed like it was supposed to,perhaps I did not NEED to rebuild the MC after all.:weightlifter:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.