Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I got my new cruise switch in today so now I need some help installing it. Any shortcuts so i don't have to strip everything off the bike? It has 1 short harness that has to plug in close to the switch but the long one is almost long enough to go to the rear of the bike. How hard and how long to replace the switch?

·
Pwhoever
3,206 Posts
imported post

I'm assuming your talking the entire cruise/start/engine stop assembly. It's less work than doing the left controls. You will have to remove the ignition cover, the 2 screws on the right handlebar cover and the lower right fairing. There will be a couple of plastic straps around the steering stem that need to be undone. The connectors should be right above the right fan on a bank of connectors. I don't recall wiich ones need to be undone but the connectors are color coded so that will make it easier. Before puling the old back out, tie a string or something to it and it will be easier routing the new ones back in. It's not real difficult, just a little time consuming.

THIS THREAD may help you out. I posted it when I was doing both sides. It has some info on the throttle cables which you will need to deal with as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.