Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Working on electrical yesterday-popped off my fuze box cover- and danged if it didn't split down the middle. Know I can order one from cyclemax-but was wondering if anyone might have one. I epoxied it back together, but didn't hold-too thin, I guess.Know this is a wild throw, but just thought I would check.

Happy NewYear to allyou folks out there!

Galen

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Here's an idea!

Put the 2 halves together and put some tape across the inside of them, to hold them together. Now, lightly run a hot soldering iron along the entirecrack on the other side. This should 'weld' the two pieces together, as long as you are not too slow dragging the iron/put too much pressure on the pieces. Repeat on inside, where you can. That may be just enough to hold. If it seems fairly secure, mix up some PC 7, 2 part epoxy ( available at hardware stores and building centres) and add some to the little 'valley' the soldering iron created and let cure. See if that works. :?

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Dusty that worked like a charm!! THanx so much for the tip. newday 777, I really appreciate your response and recommendation. Sorry to both of you that it took me so long to respond..

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

1oldsoldier wrote:
Dusty that worked like a charm!! THanx so much for the tip. newday 777, I really appreciate your response and recommendation. Sorry to both of you that it took me so long to respond..
Thought it might! :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.