Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 gl1500 trike
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this site.....just picked up a 92 gold wing trike......was running perfect when parked in July...... I just got it & will only idle with enrichener on.... Won't take any throttle at all......even after warmed up it does same thing....any ideas ?

·
Administrator
28,071 Posts
4 months sitting wouldn't be long enough normally for the carbs to get gummed up, the problem may be in the fuel supply system, not getting enough to the carbs. Vacuum shut off may be stuck or the vacuum hose disconnected or split.

·
Registered
92 gl1500 trike
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got airbox out so top of carbs is open.....when I hit throttle the squirter on curb side carb works.... Get nothing out of road side squirter.... Gonna change fuel filter & check for flow at each carb then try cleaning on the bike.....hoping to get lucky & not have to tear them apart .

·
Administrator
28,071 Posts
Squirt some carb cleaner in the throats and the tiny little passages,
maybe you will get lucky
Carb cleaner in the throats does absolutely nothing to clean the carbs.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,854 Posts
I did not mean straight down the throat Dave,
back when I had the '94 and the carbs filled up with flowery sand in Western Arizona, I used Carb Cleaner to spray directly into the little tiny passages, until I got all of the openings spraying fuel ...

I didn't have a choice, the bike would not run faster than about 900 RPM, took me several hours to get it running again, without taking them off.

That particular problem was because the prior owner had installed a K&N air filter on it, and the carb box would not fit right, so he left the gasket out from under the air filter box.... I could see a 1/4 inch of light all around the top of the carbs....

once I got it going again, I bought a Honda air filter and fixed it right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts