Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
When I installed these lights on trikes years ago they were 'Plug and Play', the extra wire went to the turn signal wire under the top box. On a trike the top box remains in place. That has me wondering, are all the lights necessary for a complete circuit?
i think some wires probably are not mandatory to be connected

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
trike lady.I have had the saddlebag lights too long now to return them most likely.They will not work for me.they fit perfectly.the wiring of my bike has been changed from a plug and play connector to a bunch of individual wires with bullet connectors.The new turn signal connector would have to be cut off and hardwired in to connect to the bike wiring.I have done that before.Still not the issue.These lights are piggyback.meaning they will blink if spliced into the trunk signal lights via the mystery blue wire they come with.But they don't stand alone.I would have to take the wires from the trunk and extend them down to the saddlebag level, then put those bulbs and sockets in the place of the ones that custom chrome sent me.The trunk lights would probably screw into the stock bag lights.But what a pain that would be.I have $179 of lights still in the box if you know someone that wants them.I will sell them cheap.

·
Magic Moderator
4,333 Posts
They had to change the colors of the wires since I last installed them. In trike building the original wiring harness with connectors is unharmed. Sounds like the previous owner messes with the wires and removed the connectors. I'm long retired from the trike business you can offer them to the members in the 'For Sale' section. Do you have any pics of the mangled wiring harness?

·
Administrator
24,648 Posts
I can post pictures, but the bag lights do not work by themselves.I should not have bought them.
What do you mean by that? Doesn't make sense. Of course they have to be wired to power and ground but what else?

·
Magic Moderator
4,333 Posts
How badly messed up is the wiring from the bike where the lights connect to. If there is no connector from the main harness to the lights, then you need a test light to sort it out.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
dbohrer the info you gave me is very good.I am sure it will work eventually.It is 73 degrees.So I am riding my other bike while this is being sorted out.brutal winter.

101 - 108 of 108 Posts