Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone 2 questions 1 I have to repair a quarter size hole in each muffler can and i have read the stuff on here for that, so i will probably try that but my local parts dealer says there are no after market slip on available for my model. . Can someone tell me the diameter of the pipe that the cans slide on to so I can try the Internet. Number 2 my repair shop said I should flush my clutch every 2 years along with my brake fluid does that sound right?

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
61,134 Posts
Lot of folks are using new HD take offs,
IIRC getting them rigged up is pretty easy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I Appreciate the fast response.. can you give me a little bit more on the subject I am a novice rider... I have a 93 1500 interstate.. Is this something I will be taking to my mechanic to swap out if it's easier than doing a repair. I have a hole in each can about the size of a quarter.

·
Magic Moderator
4,756 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Are there any trike shops in the area as they may have a set of mufflers on the shelf from a GL1500 that was converted to a trike.
You can get aftermarket mufflers for a GL1500: Category: GL 1500 | Torq Master Pipes
Yes on changing the clutch and brake fluid.
:)

·
Registered
128 Posts
The clutch fluid is very easy to change on the 1500s. I used to change brake fluid on clutch every year. Brakes every other year. . I have speed bleders on my 1800 now that makes it a breeze to change brake fluid. Been doing that every other year. Brakes always work much bettter after finnished. Plus one on trying a take off Harley muffler. They are usually not even used at all.
gumbyredd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts