Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a 93 1500 SE. Last week i started the bike, and the LCD display for the radio/clock is blank. the lights for cruise set and low fuel that should come on briefly when the bike is started do not come on.

I rode the bike, and noticed the air shocks will not raise/lower pressure. The turn signals no longer auto cancel, and though the cruise on light is lit, the cruise won't set.

The dealer thinks replacing the LCD for the radio/clock will fix all of the problems, at a cost of $800 with labor. Does anyone know if all of these issues can be linked to the LCD Display? I'm hesitant to spend $800 and not have that fix the problems.

This is my first posting here, and I appreciate any feedback I can get.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
imported post

How far did you ride the bike??
This is a fairly common problem in the damp winter weather.
Mine works fine in the summer but I have exactly the same problems as you as soon the weather turns colder/damper.It normally springs into life after about 10 or 15 mins riding.
If you do a search on here you will find several threads on this.
Favourite causes are furred up connections at the back of the clock/display,poor connections in the loom behind the right-hand false tank panel,or the circuit board in the LCD display itself (one member on here took his out and cleaned it and cured the problem.
I have never bothered with mine just learned to live with it.

Regards Steve

PS found post by pwhoever in this thread

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=53230&forum_id=1&highlight=blank+lcd

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Yep, before I'd get excited I'd check the connectors on the back of the instrument panel. It's not difficult to remove the instrument group and clean and check the connections. Any electrical connections are prone to corrosion in a marine or high humidity environment.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

I've always been meaning to ask about this also. Mine acts just like stevehmagentase. And it has done it since I got it in Sept. 2006. Mine is a '97 aspy.

I did determine that it was caused from dampness. I should get at it and clean all connections before spring.

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
imported post

welcome aboard.

I wouldn't spend 800 for that. Even though it's probably the going rate for dealers, it's still quite a bit ofmoney to pay someone who isguessing.

Like others have said, check the connections on the back of it.

If the connections look good,you can change the LCD yourself. It's not hard at all. You can get a used one off fleabay if that's your preference, just be sure to ask the seller if he saw it working before he parted the bike out. And make sure he'll let you return it if his is bad too.good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.