Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
93 Aspencade for sale "Wrecked" with cosmetic damage. Clear title not salvaged

Here is link to my ad for my Goldwing that was rear ended on my epic ride. I have decided to try to sell it so I can pay my friend off for the loan since the insurance really ripped me off. Time to start looking for my 1800 I guess.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=22926771&cat=144

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
what was the offer from the insuranse company? im dealing with them now and am afriad i might loose in the long run. mine also is cosmetic on an 85 ltd and i think they are going to low ball me. they want to total it even though i found a shop that would fix it for around 4,000. if i took the money and waited 6mo to a year for pain and suffering payment i would be with out a ride for a while.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They gave me $2500 and I kept the bike, so that is why I am trying to sell it for the rest of what I owe my friend and recover some of the $1600 I spent for a u haul to get me and the bike home. They said if they total it there is no money for transportation and I would have spent money coming home anyway. I had no pain and suffering so all I had was property damage. They valued it at $4500 and $2000 salvage so I netted $2500. I thought about fixing it but just don't really want to. I got screwed for sure. They almost denied the claim because the driver wasn't listed on the company insurance. Law Tigers said my only case was fair market value of the bike so that was the best I could hope for........ouch!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
The question I have is what insurance company?

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The van that hit me was insured by Pennsylvania Lumberman's mutual. As much as I want to think they ripped me off, unfortunately they did what any insurance company would do, They gave me what the law would have made them give me which is fair market value and not a penny more. The problem with older wings is they are worth more to those of us that own them and want to own them than Kelly Blue Book or NADA has them valued at. At the end of the day, it is hard for me to accept that I was sitting at a red light as an innocent victim and I am going to lose money on the deal but according to all the lawyers I spoke with it is all a judge is going to make them do. I guess you have to have serious injuries to get anything else. As they stated, everybody loses in an accident. It doesn't matter if it ruined your trip, left you somewhat stranded being 1500 miles from your home, caused you to use your mortgage payment to get you and your bike home since no one would even talk to you about it for a week and then wait a month to get anything from them. Not to mention destroy the resale value of your bike, negate all the improvements and maintenance you have done and certainly make you nervous to ride again in general. I have State Farm and they would have totaled it minus my deductible and none of the $1600 for the u haul and gas, so still screwed. I will ride again but just am having a hard time putting money into a 19 year old bike that will not resell well while I still owe my friend $4700 on it. I think it is better to suck up the loss, try to get enough out of it to pay off my friend so he doesn't stress and work on another deal when it comes.

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Don't know if this helps... but I got for sale a leftside bag in red, lower left corner in red, middle rear fender in red, left corner light and front and rear left crashbars. Looking at the pics closely on your link, it appears that the trunk and front lower red cowling got scratched up some? If it did, I don't have them.
So if I were you, I'd just take the 2k they already gave you and put it back together. The parts you mentioned would put you back about 2 bills. And you said the u-haul trip was 1600, so you'd still be ahead by 200 bucks. You've already been in there molying the final drive, so popping off plastics should be a piece of cake for you.
Good luck to you.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey thanks for the encouragement. I really don't want to lose the bike but I am just bummed out about the whole thing. Maybe I can turn it into a positive and come out even or repair a bit more. If so it sounds like you got just what I need. How much you asking for it all. Don't really need the rear fender, mine just has a little scratch unless yours is in better shape. I wasn't going to repair the trunk or cowl for now too expensive. Maybe get a chrome cowl if I have any money left. Let me know on those parts and if ya don't mind me asking what kind of shape are they in.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Iraqi Ram, I tried to send you a pm but I don't see it in my sent list. Just wondering if you received it or if you sent me one. I have had trouble from a few other members not being able to send or receive pm's

Thanks

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
As much as I want to think they ripped me off, unfortunately they did what any insurance company would do,
double negative ^
they did what any insurance company does, rip you off if they can legally do it.
I'm loath of insurance companies for several reasons, spanning several decades, and several different claims by several different companies....after a while, you start to see a pattern.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
pm sent don't like this new sight yet maybe i'll get use to it. like the old place better. don't get any notifications to my email anymore.

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
Bill if I could afford it I'd buy it from you in a heartbeat. You take care & am so glad that you were not hurt. Cheers Angela:waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
sauceman, hope you can fix it. i am hoping i can come out ok.

side note , my wife used to live in riverton.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bill if I could afford it I'd buy it from you in a heartbeat. You take care & am so glad that you were not hurt. Cheers Angela:waving::waving:
Thanks for your nice thoughts. I am not going to give up riding I just kinda want to start with a clean slate. I owe my friend $4700 for it and kind of just want to get him taken care of and then ask him for money again in the spring for my 1800 haha

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sauceman, hope you can fix it. i am hoping i can come out ok.

side note , my wife used to live in riverton.
I could fix it and probably be just fine, just the issue I have with owing my friend, and not feeling good about him still being on the hook for a wrecked bike. I think I will feel better just finishing this deal with him and looking again in the spring.

Now why would your wife ever leave the rockin' town of Riverton for such a boring place like Vegas. You must have dragged her away screaming haha!!!

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
Good on you for squaring up with your friend first and foremost. Just chill and sell it. You will find a better bike. There are thousands of em out there. Either way, good luck. I was married to an insurance adjuster/subrogator. The way they rip you off is paying a fraction of what you lost. The more they save the company, the more perks,trips, toys and profit sharing they get EVERY YEAR. Recently I had a lightning strike that I was covered for. It was about $2700.00 in losses for us. We pay extra for "replacement cost" . Alot of extra. Never got anywhere NEAR enough to get back the stuff we lost! Then our rate went up a grand a year. Thanks for looking out for us, Mr. insurance guy. I divorced my first wife, after 12 years, and never looked back. I loath insurance comanies. jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok so the bike sold tonight and the guy is really excited and he said his wife is gonna love it, so I am glad it went to someone that will take care of it and have some great memories on it. I have been friends with the guy who I owe for 36 years and I am not about to make him worry about anything so at the end of the day I feel really good about it all. I know I will find me another dream, but it was my first Gold wing. I am not as seasoned as most of you guys, but I'll be O.K.....haha. I also know he will lend me the money again without question if I need it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.