Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
G'evening gentlemen, I'm a newbie to this forum, but an a veteran rider. I have had my dream bike for almost two years now. Gone thru a full set of tires without a single problem until now. I ride about 75 - 80 miles round trip to work depending on which route I take. Have been every day for the last year and a half. It was a great day, sunny and warm. About thirty minutes into my 40 min ride, I was doing about 75 - 80mph when she quit running. There wasn't any hiccup or stumble, she just quit. Everything electrically was operational. I coasted to a stop, took it outta gear and tried to restart her. It just turned over. There wasn't any tease firing, or anything indicating it wanted to start. Nothing. Got her home, did some tests found the ECM didn't have voltage coming in, and the coils were outta spec on the secondary side. I be replaced all three and the ECM. No joy. What I hadn't noticed was the fuel pump wasn't running throughout my tests. But there's 10 + volts feeding into it. If I apply power to the unit it'll run. But it won't when is connected. But this won't effect the no spark symptom. So now I have no fuel AND no spark. I am running outta options and hair. ...
Oh, my kill switch is working fine but my cruise control active light does come on for about three seconds then goes off work the temp light. It won't come back on even if I power up the cruise control. Thanks, Kurt
Wifes Trike did that twice. Shop couldn't figure it out, Did it again at home and made me so mad I shook the hell out of it and it started. Why does a trike need a bank angle sensor anyway?

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
Wifes Trike did that twice. Shop couldn't figure it out, Did it again at home and made me so mad I shook the hell out of it and it started. Why does a trike need a bank angle sensor anyway?
A trike does not need a bank angle sensor. If it has not already been disabled, you can do that by jumping across two pins in the connector for it. Here is a picture and description of how to do that.

Edit: I posted this information for a GL1500. Not sure what trike you have but if not a 1500 then this is probably not the right info.
BAS bypass.jpg

Reactions: DBohrer

·
Registered
1991 Goldwing GL1500a Trike
10 Posts
That's what I was thinking of doing. Thanks for the help with location.
That is what the problem was with my Trike. Took it to multiple shops, but @DBohrer was able to figure out that it was the bank angle sensor. Mine was bypassed, but the PO did not wrap the wires or tape very well. They were barely touching and when it got cooler would not connect at all. No problems since I was able to fix the issue.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts