Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

So I am going to take a chance and show my newbie-ness, if that's a word and just ask... Where is the fuel filter? I don't see it by the fuel cap but I was wondering how people say they put in clear ones so they can keep an eye on it?

·
It aint rocket science
3,924 Posts
imported post

I will show you where in a picture. Top shelter needs to be removed for access.

It is just to the right of the fuel cap, has a black rubber retainer around it.

JD

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
imported post

Great picture there DriverRider...

Sauceman if you just want to look at the fuel filter you can open the gas filler door and look on the right side and you should be able to see the fuel filter.....but if you are repalcing it then you will need to take a few things off to get to it as shown in the above picture.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks for showing me and so far no sarcasm on what a simple question.

I am sure I need a new air filter too and also that cruise filter I hear likes to disintegrate. From the items I have serviced so far I have to believe that all the Preventative stuff is overdue. I am sure I will have many questions to follow

·
Pwhoever
3,161 Posts
imported post

For the fuel filter, a very popular replacement is the NAPA 3003 and it is clear so easy to keep tabs on it. There are some pics in THIS THREAD. I would be wary of using a glass see through filter. ANd it's not so much the cruise filter but the sub air filter that will dry up, crumble and then get sucked into the shot air system and give you grief. It is located on the right side once you take off the right false tank cover. Take a look at THIS THREAD for more info and make sure to oil the sub air filter and wring it dry...

·
It aint rocket science
3,924 Posts
imported post

As always, pwhoever is spot on. Here is my sub filter after removal.

JD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.