Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have anyone re-configured the brake system.(with new brake lines)
so that the front brake lever operates both front brakes; and the
rear brake pedal operates both rear brake calipers.
because many of us are long legged and useing the front brake is nicewith reason

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
'93 gl-1500 with roadsmith trike kit reconfigure brake ines
You mean un-linking or de-linking the brakes. It can be done, But I think your best chance of finding information on the modification is to look for de-linking or un-linking brakes in the TRIKE & TRAILER forum section.

I've read a lot of posts from TRIKE riders doing it, some kits include the modification even, but I don't recall BIKE riders doing it. I know you asked about doing this with a TRIKE.

I considered it on our TRIKE too, several times, but then I take a ride and see how good the brakes are now, even if the left front wears faster, and I let go of the thought. I've read trike riders complain that they can't lock the rear wheels and I have to ask why would you? I've never high sided or dropped a bike in a skid, but I've seen it done with fatal results. The thought of having my trike's rear locking up prematurely, maybe stepping out to left or right, then maybe catching traction again just doesn't appeal to me.

have anyone re-configured the brake system.(with new brake lines)
so that the front brake lever operates both front brakes; and the
rear brake pedal operates both rear brake calipers.
because many of us are long legged and useing the front brake is nicewith reason

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Yes, I did it with my 99 SE with a roadsmith trike kit that I installed myself. One of the other trike builders, I can't remember which one, makes a stainless steel brake line to link the 2 front brakes together. They also want you to use a 3 pound one way restrictor valve that keeps pressure of 3 pounds in the line so the response time of the brake pads is quicker and the pull isn't so long on the brake handle. It works really great and I would highly recommend you looking into it. Sorry I don't remember which company of trike builders sells it, but there aren't that many trike builders out there, so its' worth the look around. I think the whole set up cost around 50 dollars. Good luck

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
Yes, I did it with my 99 SE with a roadsmith trike kit that I installed myself. One of the other trike builders, I can't remember which one, makes a stainless steel brake line to link the 2 front brakes together. … etc ...
California Side Car used to offer or include that setup, maybe they still do?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts