Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi Guys,

After a long to me hiatus (12months) from riding a wing, financial situation has stabilsed enough for me to start all over again. I have the opportunity to purchase a 93 GL1500 SE that has been off the road for the last 5yrs. It was one of two bikes that me & my colleague originally imported from the States. Suffice to say he never put his on the road. As far as I know the bike is a non runner in the sense that the battery is dead. The bike has 95K miles on it. Would anyone have any idea how much the bike is worth as it stands. I know the history of the bike since it came to Ireland & also the fact that it was started on a regular basis but not in the last 6mths.

Any help much appreciated

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
imported post

i paid £3500 for my 88 November 2008 no MOT 70000 mile and had been standing for 3 years bur complete and previously owned by me. High quality artwork but had not been kept on top of since i sold it in 1997 have spent a further £1500 on her and she looks near new now having spent all winter stripping and renewing everything. my friend has purchased a 1991 SE Jan 09 again with quality art work but required bringing up in various areas total outlay £4500 however we were able to locate a basic 88 for £3000 with 70000miles again no MOT for another friend in Jan 09 and we struggled to find a 1500 worth having for this money it required a tyre, fork seals and center box. I believe you pay what its worth to you and enjoy it. our findings are you dont get much for under £3500 and the best value are the newer mint examples at around £6500-7500. Hope this is of help and in line with other peoples views and experiances. location Pembrokeshire West Wales. Be aware of exhaust systems as they can be costly and try to buy the best you can because its suprising how the cost for replacing stuff mounts especially if you require a garage to do the work for you!
Derek

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.