Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys...

A question about my 94 1500 CB. I had read several weeks back a thread that had a comment in it about when a CB gets stuck on a certain channel and won't change (either 39 like mine or 49) that there is a resistor? that needs to be replaced but I am having no luck finding the thread. The thread was started about another problem and this info was a gem in there.

Does anyone remember? Thanks!

plain

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
I don't remember anything about a resistor but have you tried cleaning the channel select switch real good with a good quality contact cleaner???

Mine would act up from time to time and that fixed it for me...

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
I didn't see the thread you refer to but have you tried disconnecting the bike battery to lose the CB memory? If it resets to channel 1 when the battery is reconnected and you can then change channels up to 39 and 40 again it will prove your switches are working. If you can't change from channel 1 then the switches may need cleaning.
In the past I have had other types of CB faults, eg. the numbers on the display not fully showing etc. and I found that using contact cleaner on the connection block behind the CB, the brown connection block under the left pocket and the main connection into the back of the radio itself fixed the problems.

·
Premium Member
12,748 Posts
There is a common component failure in these . I do seem to recall one of the parts that failed was a resistor. I sent mine to Sierra Electronics for repair.

·
Premium Member
1,914 Posts
Im with dadztoy here. Mine , after awhile of inactivity has problem changing chanels. I play with it for awhile and once it goes , it goes.
The problem with mine is that I dont use it almost at all.

·
Banned
4,568 Posts
per John, the BLUE can of CRC Electrical Contact spray cleaner - is safe for use around our plastics

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay Thanks Guys,

Will try the battery remedy this weekend. I am trying to get all my parts together by end of Dec. (Santy Claus :wink2:) to add a stereo amp, led brake lights etc., and generally go over my pahdnuh and make sure he is good for the next year so if resetting the CB by disconnecting the batt and cleaning all the terminals don't help I can try something else.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,240 Posts
Even if the battery disconnect does the trick, you might consider cleaning the switch housings/switches when you have a couple hours to play. They can start to act up and you get used to it so don't think about it until suddenly it tips over the line to not working.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Absolutely. That is usually how things at my place go anyhow so I might as well do it right the first time. Hey, now there's an idea!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.