Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Guys, I bought a 94 Aspy and the Left Saddlebag lid door does not fit properly. The bike had been laid down by the P.O. So I am thinking maybe the lidwas damaged or the P.O. purchased another lid to get by with. Well I order a used lid from a 95 GW. And it does not fit well (flush in the back or the sides.) just like the lid that came with the bike from P.O. Well I am confused. Was there a change in the years to the Saddlebags or is there some kind of adjustment needed to made the lid fit well. The lid does not lid well and flies open all the time. H---EEEE---LLLLL----PPPPP

Attachments

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
imported post

The lids were never changed. If you re-used the old hinge, you will probably find it is bent from the fall.

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

JWayne wrote:
The lids were never changed. If you re-used the old hinge, you will probably find it is bent from the fall.
+1 just dont try to strighten it with it still attached to the lid as you may crack it plus there is a small amount of ajustment on the hinge fittings at the screws that hold them in

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
imported post

I have a 94 SE I bougt some hinges off ebay to chang mine they did the same thing. is the front closeing right

·
Registered
33 Posts
imported post

I agree the hinge is bent or the hinge mounting area is damaged. Compare with the other hinges on the other side. They might give you some clue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.