Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
'94 GL1500 SE
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to ask some of you experienced owners, I see that there is a knob on the top right that controls the flow thru heat, my question is, if you turn that off or close it and close all the other vents should you still get hot air coming in ? I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something in this overwhelming cockpit lol I have looked at the manuels that came with the bike and it has all the info, but it seems heat is still coming thru all vents.

Thanks

Registered
Depending on the outside temp there will be a small amount of air flow that may seem warm. I was never able to completely 100% shut the airflow through the vents on my 1500 and on my 1800 I can't seem to get any airflow through them at all.馃榿

Registered
Make sure the cable is still hooked up. There's a foam rubber edge on the door in the vent that wears out also.

It's kind of a pain in the butt to get to, lots of plastic panels have to come off. But if you're bored and need something to do you can make it better.

Rayjoe

Registered
'94 GL1500 SE
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya that's where the heat is, in my feet, I've closed the vents and shut the vent control but as stated still warm air, now I know, at least winter is here. Lol

Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
Ya that's where the heat is, in my feet, I've closed the vents and shut the vent control but as stated still warm air, now I know, at least winter is here. Lol
one problem with my '94SE,
I did not get a chance to ride it in the winter months :(

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

:( :(

Registered
'94 GL1500 SE
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just Crazy, here in Vegas we average 2+ a day, people just don't look. Motorcycle are not safe here, too many tourists and to much drinking and driving.

Registered
The knob on the dash only opens and closes the foot warmer doors. There are two slider controls on the lower vents that switch between heated and non-heated air from those vents.

Oh - THAT guy...
The knob on the dash only opens and closes the foot warmer doors. There are two slider controls on the lower vents that switch between heated and non-heated air from those vents.
The fairing vents almost always let a bit of air though, especially at speed. My levers never wanted to stay where I put them so I cut two little pieces of foam and stuffed them in the slider crack above or below the levers to keep them from moving. Want to switch? Just pull out the foam chunk, move the lever, reinsert foam.
As for the feet flaps yup- cable from the knob and that's all.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: limpy45
1 - 19 of 19 Posts