Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

What do ya'll feel its worth with 175000 miles ? I havent been to see it yet . Its the red ( wineberry ?). It has cornering lamps and driving lamps , driver backrest . Just want an idea please .

I tried to post this in general but seems I dont have permission to post there . :cheeky1:

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,517 Posts
imported post

Well Mike, it would seem that you have to throw a brown paper bag of Mana across the Pond, and somehow, it must manage to fall into the Axe's garden.

Then, maybe, you will have permission to Post in the General Forum :cheeky1:

:leprechaun: :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

I'll give you $50.00 for the backrest, if it's black and not trashed.

·
Premium Member
12,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

So I guess no has any idea what its worth huh ?

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

I'd think that one would all depend upon mechanical/cosmetic condition.

A nice, '96 with over half a million miles on it brought over 4 grand on eBay last year.

My not so nice '88 with issues, with 58k on it set me back $1,200.00.

Probably worth eyeballing and taking for a ride, if it's not too far. :)

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,517 Posts
imported post

It is a very subjective case of what is the condition of it now? How does it feel and sound when you ride it?

start it cold, not warm. Does it smoke for more than a few seconds? A little is normal, 2 minutes is not.

Is there any recent documentation to prove that it has had decent care? timing belts, oil changes, fluids changed out, brakes done? How do the tires look and feel when you ride it.

High end for me, about 5 grand, I would feel more comfy though at 3,500 which for me, is the top of what I feel okay with what is described.

Look at the rear swingarm, push/pull the rear of the bike sideways. Does it have any play at all? Air up the forks and rear shock, ride it as long as they will let you have it. Check to see if they are holding air pressure.

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Depending on the condition of the rest of the bike and that mileage, which is no way excessive for that bike, I would go as high as $5000.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

I'm thinking $4500 - $6000 depending on condition.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
imported post

No one ever said what they thought my 94 was worth with 38,000 miles on it and just the way it looks in the picture with all the bells & whistles.I always had the feeling I paid dearly for it.
But I guess really never did ask anyone,but would like to know though.

·
Premium Member
12,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

Thanks for the thoughts . She has a new home . A little cleaning and some small fixes to take care of . Lots of reading to do in the owners manual . Shes an SE with E3s .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.