Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi.Can someone help with my reverse problem?When putting the bike in reverse ,itworks but only for a second then stops. the reverse light is on but will only move a few inches,hit the button again and the same thing happens.

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

The cables may need adjusting, or you may have a bad relay.

By the way, welcome to the forum.....:waving:

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks for your reply,I hope its that easy to fix.I have the tech manual ,just have to start checking every relay in the system.I hope its not the control box. I can make it work by moving the lever up just before the reverse light comes on but the head lights ,radio shut down. same condition as if you push the starter button while the engine is running. This tells me that its not the cable adjustment.must be electricalin nature.Bob

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
imported post

Download the manual on the web, they can be downloaded from lots of places.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
imported post

n1hcw wrote:
Thanks for your reply,I hope its that easy to fix.I have the tech manual ,just have to start checking every relay in the system.I hope its not the control box. I can make it work by moving the lever up just before the reverse light comes on but the head lights ,radio shut down. same condition as if you push the starter button while the engine is running. This tells me that its not the cable adjustment.must be electricalin nature.Bob
Lights do go out when you hit reverse/starter button thats normal sounds like the rev switch on the leaver needs some cleaning with electrical spray

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.