Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just purchased two J&M headsets for my GL1500 and have a few questions:

-What is the "Mute" knob on the radio for and how is it used?

-Can I use the helmet mike with the integrated CB?

-Alongside the pillion there is a volume control and what appears to be a "push to talk" switch. Is this for the intercom or the CB or both?

-Can the radio be set to "cut out" automatically when the intercom is used?

-Does anyone know of a source for a users manual for this radio and CB system?

Thanks!

Paul

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
imported post

This should get you started.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

Hi! I have a 1500SE, I could send you a copy of what's in my owners manual, if you need it.I do know the Push to talk button is for the CB.My radio has knobs to adjust how easily and loudly the radio cuts out for talking on the CB.The pillion controls are indeed for the passenger to push to talk on the CB. The intercom is activated by voice, so you don't have to push a button.The mute KNOB is to adjust the volume of the radio when you talk on the intercom.Be advised that the pillion controller does not give very much in the way of "adjustibility". They never did work very well. The push to talk buttons can stick, so keep em clean and lubed. Hope this helps, I have only been back in the saddle for just over a year, so I know there is alot to learn about Goldwings! My first one was a naked 1100, so never worried about all these gadets!! You will love the 1500! jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks! Unfortunately, I could not find anything there for the 1500 radio.

Paul

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks! Your input was a big help. Also, you were right about the mute button-It is sticking so I will have to clean it up tomorrow. I got both helmets set up with the J&M headsets and they work well. With your input and a little messing around I should be able to figure out the rest.

Thanks, again!

Paul

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks! Your input was a big help. Also, you were right about the mute button-It is sticking so I will have to clean it up tomorrow. I got both helmets set up with the J&M headsets and they work well. With your input and a little messing around I should be able to figure out the rest.

Thanks, again!

Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.