Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

HI FOLKS: Leave it to me, LOL!
Trunkopenableuntil yesterday, although lately, really had to pull center lever hard to get latchesreleased.
Now,lever does nothing[trunk is NOT locked!]. Is therean emergency opening procedure? Open[sorry for unintended pun]to any suggestions. TTFN.....Old Tom

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

HI Tom... HERE is a pretty good thread... You can search for GL1500 Trunk locked and get a few others, but the one noted seems pretty good..

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
imported post

Try pushing down on the lid as you turn the key.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
imported post

I did the same thing.

You will need to make a small hook from a coat hanger to reach up past the lock mechanism in the trunk. Hook the hanger on the bar that runs between the two locking points in the trunk. Pull down on the hanger and if you did it right the trunk will pop open.
You may need to remove the lower trunk panel to access the release bar.
When you installed the inner panel you did not position it properly and that is why the release won't work.
Check the release bar inside one of the saddle bags to get an idea of how the release works. Be sure to re-install the inner panel so that the bar is under the trunk release finger so it is pushing down on the bar when you activate the trunk release button under the trunk.
Larry Bedgood

·
Premium Member
12,803 Posts
imported post

:waving:Hello and Welcome Larry Bedgood . Now thats the way for a new member to drop in ,with help right outta the box . Good on ya man . :clapper:I hope you continue to visit and enjoy the forums here .

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
imported post

Don't keep the wire straight with just a wee hook on the end. Make sure you bend it in the middle so that you can get the hook back far enough to catch the bar. The only way to get it is by making sure you get back far enough with the hook to catch the wire.

I tried and tried for hours before I got mine opened. It's well worth taking the time.

Some even suggest once you have it open to hook up some sort of release cord to it so if the same happens again you know you are already hooked onto the wire so all you gotta do is pull hard and hey presto it opens. Going to that to mine I think.

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.