·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

[/size
This is where I am.
A 95 Aspencade with 27K miles purple in color which is many miles from me OR
2000 White SE with 61K miles and only 2.5 hrs away.

Started out looking for a purple bike and then thought white,so I could add pinstripe and decals if I wanted.

Which one, which on , which one!

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,171 Posts
imported post

Both would be nice, but i would go with the one that is nearest to you.

Miles mean nothing.
My white avatar bike had 59,000 on it when I bought it and I never even considered that to be part of the decision making equation. Literally, it had nothing to do with my decision.

I went for clean, documentation and condition. Passed with flying colors, all of them "white" this time :ROFL:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,171 Posts
imported post

Now, with that said, the 97-00 models have a couple of suttle differences.

Stronger tranny from the Valkerie, less susceptible to bent shift forks.

Lower, more comfortable stock seat. I like the OEM seat, feels just fine to me even after a 500 mile day.

The 2000 model should have the better black faced gauges. I literally detest the white background gauges on mine, I am buying more gauges so that I can get rid of the white background. Totally invisible at night under streetlights.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
imported post

I would go with the 2000, because it has been riddin, the 97 has sat around too much which is worse than a lot of miles

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Yes both would be nice but, since that is not going to happen. Thanks for all the input. I really like purple but I think I will listen to all that have more experience than I and go with the 2000. :18white:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,171 Posts
imported post

You will not regret taking ownership of a 2000, that I can assure you.

In fact, after you get it, we will have to plan a M'NG and compare our white knights.... :waving:

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

That sounds like a plan, the meeting of the Knights! :hoppingmad:

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
imported post

White ,I wonder why I would choose White.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
imported post

I would go for the 2000 SE. I bought an aspencade instead and now wish I had the CB.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

The newer, the MO Betta! Parts availability will become an issue I assure you! Mine is a 99, and some stuff has already "run out", with no new stuff being manufactured. White is so clean looking,too! Even when it's dirty, they look good! jimsjinx

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
Now, with that said, the 97-00 models have a couple of suttle differences.

Stronger tranny from the Valkerie, less susceptible to bent shift forks.

Lower, more comfortable stock seat. I like the OEM seat, feels just fine to me even after a 500 mile day.

The 2000 model should have the better black faced gauges. I literally detest the white background gauges on mine, I am buying more gauges so that I can get rid of the white background. Totally invisible at night under streetlights.
+1

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

2000 !!!

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

I would definitely go with the white one. With either cars or motorcycles I always choose white if it is available. It will look good long after darker colors have faded and gotten all scratched up. Plus it just has a nice clean look. Both have low mileage for a Goldwing, and the white one is newer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.