Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Cruise control does not work though, can't find this in manual... Anybody seen this before??????????

·
Premium Member
763 Posts

·
Administrator
26,169 Posts
imported post

If as in the description the set light comes on and stays on then the cable may be broken or disconnected. Otherwise a better description of the problem is needed.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I have never had any trouble with mine, so I did not know if there was a common problem, I will start digging. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
imported post

I had the same problem with mine a while back, all I did was give all the micro switches a good blast of WD40, worked all the levers and pedal, more WD40 more working levers etc and then it was fine again and has been ever since.

Through this forumI was able to sort it. :action:

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
imported post

wingrat82 wrote:
Did both lights work when your cruise did not?
Both came on when ignition turned on then went off after system check.

When I went to set cruise only one came on the other wouldn't.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Both lights come on when the cruise is set, set light goes out when clutch or either brake are activated.

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
imported post

wingrat82 wrote:
Both lights come on when the cruise is set, set light goes out when clutch or either brake are activated.
That's right, and the cruise goes off.

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
imported post

wingrat82 wrote:
The cruise never takes over, even though both lights operate.
Don't know then.

PM sent.

·
Lock and Key Guru
1,030 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
imported post

i would imagine that its your front brake lever, listen very carefuly to hear if there is 2 small clicks as you opperate the lever? I have seen this problem so many times especially with after market levers. you must first turn on the cruise control which brings on the cruise light then press and hold the set button. what happens is the milling where the micro swich sits can wear or incorrectly milled and will not be holding the micro switch outward instead holding it in telling the cruise that you are applying the brakes so disingage.
hope this helps?
Derek

·
Administrator
26,169 Posts
imported post

I completely forgot 1500 cruise control is vacuum operated.
It could be a vacuum hose disconnected or leaking.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
imported post

My '98 1500 SE did just that two years ago.

There are a bunch of swithes involved (brakes, clutch etc).

I can't remember where I had found it, but I had found a tests routine (might have been in the shop book).

Anyway, most of the time cruise control problems like these are linked to one (or more) of the swithes not doing their job.

Start with front brake. Mine had one of the wires that had worked itself loose from the connectors to the switch. The switch is at the inbord end of the lever.

Alain

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Found the problem, I believe it must have been done at the factory, the vacuum line going to the cruise valve was pinched underneath the air filter box.

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
imported post

Dar-n, I wanted to keep following the post.

Mine does the same with two lights, but I know my vacuum was good. I suspect the buttons, but it could be the hand micro switch. I'm not too worried about it.

I have never used it since it never worked for me. Now, that has been three years, and I am actually quite fine without it. But, I just do not know what I am missing.

Glad you got yours fixed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.