Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

IHAVEA 1995SE Wing .IT HAS A SPOILER ON THE LID.I WANT TO ADD A LUGGAGE RACK TO IT. I FOUND SOME ON CHROME WORLD...ONE IS MADE BY KURYAKYN THE OTHER IT SAYS IS SHOW CHROME TOUR RACK..THEY LOOK JUST A LIKE ANABOUT SAME PRICE. IS ONE BETTER THEN THE OTHER AN IS CHROME WORLD A GOOD PLACE TO BUY PARTS..THEY BOTH SAY FOR A GL 1500...WILL IT WORK ON A SE 1500???THANKS FOR ANY HELP..................RICH

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

I have the Show Chrome one and I like it real well.
Be sure to add the large star washers and do what you can to reinforce the lid where the mounts get drilled.
That material is thin and likes to flex and starts getting radial cracks in the lid plastic outward from the rack mount points. Especially the rearmost ones.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

i had planed on ordering the kits of yours for the lid..sounded like a great thing to have...thanks rich

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

richr wrote:
i had planed on ordering the kits of yours for the lid..sounded like a great thing to have...thanks rich
Not pushing it. It's just there if people need it and you will still need the large star washers for the top.

·
Nobody
364 Posts
imported post

I have the Kury one and the welds are rusting bad. I would love to get the new aluminum style but the holes won't line up, I compared them at Americade it's not even close.

I have always had great luck with ChromeWorld, I even go there sometime-they are about 2 hours away from me.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

Kury stuff is built strong, but the chrome peels and welds rust. Not impressed. jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

thanks for all the help.its what makes this site so great. thanks again to all of you ..........rich:bowing::bowing:

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

I would suggest to also buy the risers http://www.cyclemaxohio.com/inc/sdetail/23797

I mounted my rack without them and it was close to impossible to clean under the rack. Then I got the risers and life is better. It also makes it better for strapping downyour cargo ( folding chair, tarp poles, etc.)

It says in the description,,,,,, you may have to drill them a bit larger. And yes,,,, I did that too,,,,,,,, easy and works great.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
imported post

I would suggest reinforcing it as much as possible, po had one on when I bought it and I have spider cracks on every hole. I regretfully took it off to stop them from spreading worse. But I love the looks of a nice chrome rack on the bike.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

hi winger77..did they rust yet or are they ok?? how long ago did you put them on??? sounds like some thing i mite have to do. thanks rich

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
imported post

The Show Chrome finish lasts longer than the Kury. It's a shame that Kury chrome is just rubbish quality, because they look really good otherwise.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

richr wrote:
hi winger77..did they rust yet or are they ok?? how long ago did you put them on??? sounds like some thing i mite have to do. thanks rich
No rust and still shines,,,, I mounted itsometime in2007.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.