Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

96 gl 1500 trike tranny noise.

173 Views 8 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Bigmick
Hi all,
During my last outing with the trike I hit a few bumps in the road and heard and felt a noise like something dragged on the asphalt. It stopped a few seconds. Looked under it, saw noting loose.
Anyone able to give me a pointer.
Bike runs fine and shifts with out ant trouble.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Probably not the transmission but some part of the trike conversion. Driveshaft rubbing something maybe.
Probably not the transmission but some part of the trike conversion. Driveshaft rubbing something maybe.
Thank you, I'll check on the trike parts.
Loose gremlin bell???
Those gremlins are a pain. I caught one once, he was a Wiley one.
Thanks.
Were the kickstand and center stand both removed? That is the only thing I can think of that might have drug the ground and then gone back to where it is not showing. The other possibility is that you lost something from the trike like one of the plastic pieces in the front and you just haven’t noticed it missing yet.
Were the kickstand and center stand both removed? That is the only thing I can think of that might have drug the ground and then gone back to where it is not showing. The other possibility is that you lost something from the trike like one of the plastic pieces in the front and you just haven’t noticed it missing yet.
Thanks Doug, the stand are gone and haven't seen any missing parts. Driving me crazy....
Thanks, I'll check the trike parts and give them some luben.
If its a Motortrike,you might want to check the heim joints and the bolts associated with them.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts