Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I was out riding over the last weekend and noticed that when I was at idle the rpm's were surging from 900 - 1200. This has never occurred before and it did it the whole day, whether the bike was cold or warm. Anyone have suggestions at what to look for?

Thanks,
John

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
imported post

Well it's sad to say....but you are gonna have to sell me the bike as it is nothin' but junk now:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Seriously....probably a vacuum leak. The 1500 gurus will be along shortly and shed some light in the problem.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
imported post

try turning the idle screw up and down a few times this does cure it, its under the petrol flap knurled knob to the right

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

I agree with both of these guys but given that it came on suddenly, I would favor Snorebaby's vacuum leak theory but the knob twisting is easy enough to try first.

Might have a problem with a leaky diaphragm in the automatic fuel shutoff.

·
Pwhoever
3,182 Posts
imported post

Mine just recently started doing that. I was starting to worry. It would only do that idle. It would usually do it at night when I had my lower driving lights on along with my 55 watt driving lights. I also had my Gerbings jacket liner and Union Ridge pants plugged in. (I am a wimp when it comes to cold temps) I noticed the Gerbing thermostat flashing on and off. I then realized that as the thermostat was flashing on and off, my idle was doing the same thing. I turned the thermostat off and a normal idle returned. I have a voltage gauge and still have plenty of juice coming off the alternator but the fluctuations from the heated gear causes momentary higher idle.

·
Premium Member
62,948 Posts
imported post

You didn't happen to forget and leave the choke on ???????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.