Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have been reading some of your articles on this subject. Most answers sound usable. I found my carbs one carb has a d style adjustment and the other has a flat screwdriver slot. Is this normal? I cannot get the d shaped screw to move. Could this be a cover? I have the carbs off. Any suggesrtions?

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Welcome automan69 !! :waving: from Beautiful British Columbia.

Too bad you already removed your carbs, automan. If it was surging from ~800 rpm - 11-1200 rpm and back down again, it could most likely have been cured with a few turns of the idle adjustment screw, located under the fuel filler door. A few turns clockwise and a few anti and then set the idle @ ~800 rpm

Yes there is a 'special' D-shaped screw driver for the carbs, Some have made their own, or obtained them from a dealer/retailer.

Dusty

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

that is my next move. Im going to reassemble and give that a shot. Thanks for the help I will keep you informed

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

While you are into it that deep, you might want to check/replace all the filters, such as the mainair and gas line filters.

Then there are lesser know filters, such as the cruise valveelement filter(part # 36532-MN5-005 - $1.27) and the lesser known Sub-Air Cleaner Filter(part # 17253-KT8-000 - $2.00)

I strongly advise replacing the sub air filter element(even making your own) for the foam tends todisintegrate as they age and the little pieces end up getting sucked into the carbs, causing all sorts of problems. Best to tend to it now.

Here's a shot ofthe sub-air cleaner filter housingand where it's located, under the rightfairing inner cover ......

..... while the cruise valve element is under the left fairing inner cover

Dusty

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.