Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace my front lower cowl and I am missing a screw and a "nut plate" or a "nut screw" that attaches to the right
side. I believe I found the screw and cannot find what the screw attaches to. Does anybody have a part number?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
If the part is what I’m thinking ,there should be a screw recepable on the frame

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a nut attached to the left side of the frame for the screw... but on the right side of the there is no nut. A nut
cannot be attached to the frame because the hole in the frame is much larger than the 5mm screw.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
On mine there is a tab with the nut on it,are you referring to the cowing that’s houses the light with the screw located kinda back in a little bit.
number 16

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No...that is the lower left cowl. The lower front cowl is right below that in the center. It is held on by 3 screws. My
drawing only shows two screws. The 3rd screw that is not shown on the right side...I need know what it screws
into.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
O ok,then the very lower one ,not the one the flat curved on that plugs into the rubber gromments.
if you don’t have one on the right,it’s been broken off,that’s a solid attach point s o have no idea what you could attach that side to other than have one welded on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No...that is the lower left cowl. The lower front cowl is right below that in the center. It is held on by 3 screws. My
drawing only shows two screws. The 3rd screw that is not shown on the right side...I need know what it screws
into.
I have to replace #24...It is held in by 3 screws #33. The drawing is missing one of the screws on the right side. The missing screw location is right around the #24 location. What does the "ghost screw" insert into?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
There’s a tab right behind the screw.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I cannot find the part number for that tab. I appreciate you going out of your way to help me. You live in the great
state of Texas...I live in .....I'm sorry.......California.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
It’s welded on the frame

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, I have had damage and the nut is gone but the frame is ok. Thanks for your time. I have a brother who lives in Garland. I love Texas...it's a mans state.

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
I have to replace #24...It is held in by 3 screws #33. The drawing is missing one of the screws on the right side. The missing screw location is right around the #24 location. What does the "ghost screw" insert into?
Clip nut (31) on right side fits over big hole on a tab, center is a clip nut too, left is nut welded to tab from frame.
NUT, Spring (5mm) #903-GE2-760 in [email protected] $1.66 ea.
Probably find it fast at Advance Auto Parts or etc ….. even Lowe's.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Huum,never noticed it Wasent welded on the right.
ilive in Fort Worth,only minutes to some wide open riding
31 shows to be a screw on the side vent?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I looked at some frames on ebay and it doesn’t show how it is attached

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Thanks but I Wasent much help,I’ve just put mine back on after changing the belts and never consider it Wasent permanent.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts